It's Time

Recently, I received an email from someone to whom I had offered help. She told me when I offered this help, that she had a hard time accepting help from others. I told her that I understood, and that it was fine -- she could know that the offer was open and take me up on it if and when she was ready.

A few days later, I got an email from her -- the subject line simply said: "It's time", and the body of the email explained that she wanted to take me up on my offer.

The simplicity of the subject line struck me.

I've always been fascinated by that internal process whereby we might put something off and put something off, knowing that at some point, we must move forward, and then, one day, for some reason that we can't explain -- It's time.

And then we do it. We move forward after hours, days, weeks, months, or even years of resistance.

I had this today.

I've been thinking lately that I wanted to return to a discipline/practice of daily blogging again. It's been percolating in the cauldron of my mind, and tingling around the edge of my consciousness, but every day, I just seemed to push it into some dusty corner in my brain.

But now, it's time.

You can read more about the spiritual aspects of this at my other blog, if you're interested, or you can just receive my pledge here -- I'm going to get back to daily blogging. It may suck some days -- I'm cool with that -- but I'm pledging to blog here every day for the next year (I'll give myself a break, of course, in the case of power outages or true emergencies).

It's time.

Posted byPortlyDyke at 9:40 PM  

4 comments:

NameChanged said... November 26, 2008 at 10:49 PM  

For me, it is always time for PD to blog everyday! :) I have tried to committ to this, but I can't quite. I even signed up for NaNoWriMo, but have yet to break the 2000 word mark. Oh well, best intentions and whatnot.


I will read each and every day. Thank you for this committment.

Happy Thanksgiving

Steve said... November 27, 2008 at 4:37 AM  

look forward to reading what you have to say everyday!
hoppy t-day to you and yours

Jennifer said... November 27, 2008 at 7:29 AM  

Heh. Welcome to the Dark Side.

*Passes cookies*

Anonymous said... November 27, 2008 at 9:14 PM  

Just what I need!

Yay!

(not that you do it for me...hahaha...if only...)

Post a Comment