Teh Tag

I didn't realize it, but I'd been tagged by JackGoff and many days ago, at that.

I'm not normally responsive to anything remotely resembling chain mail, but heck (I mean "hell" -- must keep that rating up), I needed a subject to post on, I've just committed to daily blogging, and the blog's fairly new. So in the spirit of . . .

And anyone one can tell
You think you know me well
But you don't know me.
. . . . . here goes.

Rules (per Jack): Each person posts the rules before their list, then they list 8 things about themselves. At the end of the post, that person tags and links to 8 other people; then visits those people’s sites and comments, letting them know that they have been tagged, and to come read the post, so they know what they have to do.

1. I am pierced in exactly five places. Guess where correctly, and you win 500 irredeemable points (h/t to Phydeaux for the concept of irredeemable points).

2. I have a tendency to alternately rant wildly and then collapse into a puddle of cross-transferent empathy.

3. I have had a maximum of 3 concurrent cats living with me at any given time.

4. I have "kept" (if that's the correct phrase -- as in, "she keeps cats") a total of 13 cats in my lifetime of 50 years. (A pitifully low average, IMO -- only .26 cats per year. I hope to remedy this in future. Please be kind. My mother was allergic . . . I got a late start . . . . and for good measure --- The dog ate it.)

5. I possess a completely useless college degree, but a very good education.

6. My best hours of the day are 10 am - 2 pm, and 10pm -2 am.

7. I have a temper which I have not taken pains to tame, as it has sometimes been my best friend, and once allowed me to transcend a queer-bashing. I keep Teh Temper in a specially-marked drawer in my Wiccan cupboard. Keep your hands off the cupboard, and no one will get hurt.

8. I eat animal flesh, although I was vegan for many years, and for many reasons.

I really can't bear the thought of "tagging" anyone without their consent, so I hereby "tag" the first 8 volunteers who make a comment on this blog indicating that they have consensually agreed to be "tagged" by me.

Are you It?

Posted byPortlyDyke at 4:23 PM  

6 comments:

J. Goff said... June 25, 2007 at 6:26 AM  

YAY! Sorry about not letting you know. I've been rather delinquent around the b logosphere over the past few weeks. :-(. And hey, cool place you got here!

splord said... June 25, 2007 at 10:58 AM  

Hey PD! I might - I said might - be able to talk myself into the 8 things bit, but I can't think of 8 people to pass it on to....

And to answer your #1 : one in left ear, three in right ear, and one in tongue.

PortlyDyke said... June 25, 2007 at 12:41 PM  

Sorry Phydeaux -- A very logical try, given my proclivities, but I cannot award you those much-deserved points.

I cry now.

Gender Blank said... June 25, 2007 at 12:57 PM  

I'll take up this challenge so you will have passed it on without having to tag anyone. Might be tomorrow before the thing gets up, but it'll get up.

Can I say you tagged me? No one ever tags me for anything, and this might make me look cool.

PortlyDyke said... June 25, 2007 at 1:20 PM  

Yes, I hereby declare that Gender Blank is TAGGED! So tagged. Tagged beyond belief.

I think you look cool already.

splord said... June 25, 2007 at 9:57 PM  

I took the plunge... (I got 'officially' tagged by Incertus (Brian), so I guess I had no choice).

Post a Comment